my textbook and i have a lot in common
Friends don’t let friends scratch their helmets
HE FUCKIIN SAVED HIM FROM BREAKIN HIS NECK
his teeth fucking shined
this is where shit went down tho, like if u and ur buddies ever had some shit that needed to be settled this is where it went down
99.9% of the time, it took place here
For the past few days I’ve been watching videos and looking up photos of custome MAME cabinets. Well, I don’t have $2,000 to drop into a machine right now :( but IF I did…here’s what would be on there….
- CarnEvil (Midway, 1998) - IMO the quintessential horror FPS. I can remember my brother and I sinking $20 (a fortune when I was 9) into this machine to beat it.
- The Simpsons Arcade Game (Konami, 1991) - Another cabinet my brother and I have pumped countless quarters into. Remember, DO NOT let yourself get surrounded!
- Donkey Kong (Nintendo, 1981) - This is one I’ve only recently gotten into. After watching King of Kong I decided to give it a shot to see just how hard it could be. Answer: fucking hard. I don’t know how people beat these old games.
- Artic Thunder (Midway, 2001)- Everytime I go to the movies I look for this machine. As I remember it, it had a badass sound system and a fan that blew cold air on your face. The last one I played had neither. I’d crank that shit up so FREEZING air blows :D
- Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes (Capcom, 1997) - With Spider-Man and Wolverine I am unstoppable. I’ve only been able to play this on my Playstation, but it’s just not the same as COMPLETELY obliterating a stranger standing next to you at the arcade.
I need something to learn. And I love that song, “Man of Constant Sorrow”. Yee-haw?
Stop The Western Australia Shark Cull
In response to a handful of fatal shark bites over the past several years, the government of Western Australia has launched a multi-million dollar effort to systematically catch and kill sharks, allegedly to “protect the people of Western Australia”. This is in direct opposition to Australia’s existing Shark Recovery Plan. I guess when you call something a “cull” it’s supposed to sound more acceptable than “indiscriminate killing of a keystone ocean species.”
More than 100 million sharks are killed per year, for food and fear, pushing many of them, like the great white, to the brink of extinction. Meanwhile, you could count the number of fatal shark attacks every year on one hand.
You have a 1 in 3,700,000 chance of dying from a shark biting you. In contrast, you have a 1 in 63 chance of dying from the flu. Shark bites are a rare event, and fatal ones are astronomically rare. Sharks don’t actually attack humans, this is an invented term that implies that sharks are out to get people. They are not. “Rogue sharks,” those that specifically seek out humans for food, are a myth. Sharks are apex predators who keep ecosystems healthy and keep food webs in balance, all the way down to the plant level.
Instead of killing sharks, we should be using this money to study them, to track their behavior and migrations, or even to install automatic alert and surveillance systems.
See that photo above, under mine? That’s the WA cull’s first victim, a tiger shark, being dispatched this week. The cull is wrong on many levels, but it took four shots with that .22 to kill the shark, and that is adding greater inhumanity to an inhumane act.
Join me in calling for an end to the Western Australia shark cull. Download the #noWAsharkcull sign here, add your face to the thousands protesting this cull, and tag your photos with #nosharkcull and #noWAsharkcull.
We can make a difference!
reblog and make a wish!
this was removed from tumbrl due to “violating one or more of Tumblr’s Community Guidelines”, but since my wish came true the first time, I’m putting it back. :)
OH MY FUCKING GOD, IT’S BACK ON MY DASH.
THIS SHIT WORKS OKAY, I AM DEAD SERIOUS.
The last time I saw this on my dash, I didn’t think it would happen, so jokingly I wished I could go to a fun. concert.
AND GUESS WHAT, I WENT TO A FUCKING FUN. CONCERT.
THIS SHIT WORKS, TRY IT.
the first time i saw this i wished for this boy who i’ve liked for 9 years to feel the same, about a month ago he told me that he’s in love with me. it works guys.